Monday, May 9, 2011

Spaghetti Squash- So Yummy

I am currently on a no Sugar/Flour food plan, So I decided to try making Spaghetti Squash Recipes in exchange for Pasta.

First, after you buy spaghetti squash this is how you prepare it, Cut in half (lengthwise) or quarters. You don't want to cut it up too small unless you want short strands. Scrape out the seeds and pulp as you would with any squash or pumpkin. Bake rind side up about 30 to 40 minutes at 375 F.
Then with a fork scrape in the long way to have long strings.

Some Recipes that I tried are:
Baked Spaghetti Squash
Need:
If have small glass dish
6 oz of spaghetti squash
2 oz riccotta cheese
2 oz mozerella cheese
31g of Pesto Sauce (I used Classico)
1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used Classico)

To prepare it:
Preheat oven to 350

Layered:
3 oz of spaghetti squash
Then mixed together 1 oz of mozerella cheese and 2 oz of ricotta cheese mixed with the 31 grams of presto sauce.
3 oz of spaghetti squash
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
1 oz of mozerella cheese

Cook: Put in over for 20 min on 350


The 2nd Spaghetti squash recipe i tried was chicken Alfredo:

Need:
6 oz of spaghetti squash
4 oz of chicken
4 oz of veggies
1/4 cup of alfredo sauce (I used Classico.)

I mixed it all together and heated it up. The veggies I used were onions and mushrooms so yummy!!

Being on a food plan of No sugar/No flour is awesome and I am making really amazing recipes!!!

Life is good, besides my major foot pain, which I am now wearing a foot boot!

Well I encourage you all to check out this Recipe...

Xoxo,
livinlaughinlovin

P.S. I hope all mothers had an awesome Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment